Parc Oriental de Maulévrier
Take advantage of your stay in our hotel in Cholet to discover the Parc Oriental de Maulévrier
The Parc Oriental de Maulévrier, the largest Japanese garden in Europe, is located only 20 minutes from the centre of Cholet and the Best Western San Benedetto hotel.
Embark on a trip to the Land of the Rising Sun
Head for Japan! This 29-hectare landscaped park invites you to experience a complete change of scenery through landscapes inspired by Japanese gardens.
The park is now home to nearly 300 species of plants including azaleas, camellias, roses, rhododendrons, Japanese maples, tulips, ginkgo biloba and many other species. Colourful compositions that will take you on a journey.
In the greenhouse, a gardener from the park will share his know-how with you. The Parc Oriental de Maulévrier also offers permanent exhibitions of bonsai and ceramics.
Located near the greenhouse, the tea room is the ideal place to relax and taste or discover new flavours of the famous drink. During your walk, you will also find a shop where you can find traditional Japanese summer kimonos or beautiful watercolours.
For families, there is a garden play area and a playground.
The park also hosts various events, inspired by Japanese culture such as
- Hanami, a traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of cherry blossoms
- Children's Days ("Kodomo no hi"), a Japanese holiday where children are celebrated every May 5
- Workshops to discover kohedama, a decorative plant art, origami creation or the creation of a miniature Japanese landscape.
Night owls will be able to wander through the alleys of the park at night. In a musical atmosphere, all the magic of the park is revealed under the streetlights, from May to September.
- Address: Place de la Mairie, 49360 Maulevrier
- Opening : from March to November
- Prices: 8 € for adults and 7 € for children for daytime visits | 10 € for adults and 8 € for children for nighttime visits